Saturday 31 October 2009

If my dreams get real bizarre

Somehow, against all odds, US electro act Owl City have managed to jump from #7 to #1 in the elusive American Billboard Top 100 chart, replacing British act Jay Sean's Down. This feat is even more incredible in that it has been done mainly based on sales where it led the digital chart by around 50,000 copies. The fantastic song has been slowly climbing the chart over the past few months but even I didn't forsee it going to No.1 in the heavily urban and country dominated chart climate over there. I first heard the song over two months ago and I'm delighted that it's gone to the top there, and I only hope it can follow suit here next year, even if the act only become another HelloGoodbye, Sara Bareilles type one hit wonder...

and here is that brilliant song;


No comments:

Post a Comment